« Home | †‡ †Journal Entry #03 :: Holy Tuesday‡ ­†Date & ... » | †‡ †Journal Entry #02 :: Holy Monday‡ ­†Date & T... » | †‡ †Journal Entry #01 :: The Blogs‡ ­†Date & Tim... » | †050406 ~ Post# 0‡†Testing...Testing...?‡Ok, this ... » 

Saturday, May 06, 2006 

†‡

†Journal Entry #04 :: Holy Orders (Be Just or Be Dead) ^^‡

­†Date & Time: 041206, Wednesday, 5:06pm‡

†Weather: Hot and Sunny‡

†‡

Suilan, Mellonamin!

Daisuke Ishiwatari’s Holy Orders (Be Just or Be Dead) rocks, big time. The melody, the complexity of the lead guitar, it’s just insanely rich. Anyways, my berks arrived today (I have different guests every single day it seems) and we played PS2 for a while. We also discussed the upcoming Dissension Prerelease and which cards would be chase rares.

Anyways, I’m planning on creating a Forgotten Realms Adventure and Vampire: The Masquerade Story sometime later, but first things first. Edwin finally remembered to bring the Full Metal Alchemist: The Movie DVD, but what caught me wasn’t the superb story or anime graphics, but the ending song of L’~Arc~En~Ciel at the finale, which was Lost Heaven. I really need to get their album… Maybe when the PLDT DSL finally decides to come and install their services here, I’d download every L’~Arc~En~Ciel MP3 that I can find.

Oh, and my mom called. That’s that.

†Elite-ranista Academe‡

†Emotional Quotient‡

In Tw7sted, by Jessica Zafra, she writes:

“In recent years it has become fashionable to knock intelligence. I’m sure you’ve heard those gooey touchy-feely types who declare that emotional intelligence, a.k.a. EQ, a.k.a. the ability to get in touch with one’s feelings and the feelings of others, is more important than a high IQ. This sounds to me like a pitch for mediocrity. Empirical evidence does that people of superior intelligence have some difficulty relating to others. Why? Because they’re superior, fools.”

I really love reading Jessica Zafra’s works, and I think her insights on some matters are really…refreshing. Her book, Tw7sted, is a part of a series of books that’s composed of her articles in her column at the newspaper ‘Today’. Sometimes the stories are just bizarre, sometimes they’re nerve-wracking, but most of time they’re fun to read and really intuitive.

Anyways, in my opinion, Emotional Intelligence is indeed needed in the workplace, the ability to interact with your superiors, subordinates, and most importantly your clients, are really values as an asset for not only improving your career position but also yourself as a human. BUT! IQ, or Intellectual Intelligence, is far more valued when you intend to stay at your current position and not drop down or worse, get fired. An employee is considered worthless when all he can do is chat without getting any work done. So, in my opinion, a balance is needed in order to go up (EQ) without going down (IQ).

My two cents. Or pesos. Disena, CP, Pokedollars, Euro, Yen, Aurum, or whatever you call it in your world. ^^

About me

  • I'm Erik Gaius,aka [ K i r E ]
  • From Calamba City, Philippines
  • I'm one of the few Official Dungeon Masters here in the Phillipines. Aside from Pen & Paper RPGs, I also enjoy playing Ragnarok Online, watching Anime, writing Short Stories and Programming...
My profile

Archives

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates