« Home | †‡†A TRIBUTE TO MY DAD‡†Happy Birthday Daddy... » | †‡ †Journal Entry #13 :: Darned…‡ ­†Date & Time:... » | †‡ †Journal Entry #12 :: Reglogs.dll‡ ­†Date & T... » | †‡ †Journal Entry #11 :: PLDT myDSL‡ ­†Date & Ti... » | †‡ †Journal Entry #10 :: sCrap Book‡ ­†Date & Ti... » | †‡ †Journal Entry #09 :: Shit Happens‡ ­†Date & ... » | †‡ †Journal Entry #08 :: Start of the Second Week... » | †‡ †Journal Entry #06 :: Summer Class‡ ­†Date & ... » | †‡ †Journal Entry #05 :: Lost Heaven‡ ­†Date & T... » | †‡ †Journal Entry #04 :: Holy Orders (Be Just or ... » 

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 

†‡
†A TRIBUTE TO MY MOM‡
†Happy Mother's Day!‡
†‡

Only once a year does this day come,
Though we celebrate it all year ‘round,
Only one day for dear ol’ Mum,
A day where we surround

With appreciation she does rate,
(An infinitive times over),
Though sometimes it comes a little too late.
She’s luckier than a four-leaf clover:

To have teens like us, who don’t persist
To stay up half the night;
If only I could find the perfect gift
That would be exactly right.

I searched low and high
And all about my head;
As the moon rose in the sky
I realized to my dread:

I have naught to give to you
But this wonderful poem,
I wrote it just for you,
Within this wonderful home.

It suits you quite nicely,
I do believe,
For a poem I pulled
Right out of my sleeve.

Thank you Mom,
For all that you’ve done;
Your poetry has inspired me,
It’s been some fun.

I hope you love this personalized poem:
I wrote it just for you to appreciate.
(And makes up for a material present).
Love, your Sons

---